Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Vision of the Christ Child

Many months ago, I had a vision that I was in a pitch black room watching a priest who had his arms raised up - like he was either adoring something or raising something up.  His face was pure light and peace and happiness.  He wasn't looking at me and he had no idea I was there.  His eyes were fixed on whatever his arms were raised to ( I know that's horrible grammar, but you understand). Anyway, I was so drawn in to his happiness that I wanted to see where his eyes were gazing.  I turned my head to the left and saw a small child suspended in midair.  This child was, I think, the most beautiful child I have ever seen.  I couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl.  At first I thought it was a girl with wavy short blonde hair and a long nightgown flowing in the breeze (?) - I know that sounds strange as it felt like we were in a black box, but the gown was flowing.  The gown was white and had a beautiful wide band of lace at the neck and wrists. The child was glowing - emanating light - and the arms were extended downward toward the priest.  I was absolutely captivated.  I stood frozen, staring at the child...and then the priest...and then the child... and then the priest.  The love and happiness was mesmerizing.  All of a sudden, I saw something catch my eye to the right, and it was a man dressed in black. He was sleek looking and I had a horrible gut wrenching feeling of evil.  He smiled at me - like "look and watch the havoc that's about to ensue".  I had to catch my breath because looking at him caused me to feel like I had been punched and lost all air from my lungs.  He was slowly walking towards the priest, and as I felt my insides yell, "No", I was immediately drawn out of my vision and back to my la-z-boy chair where I was nursing my daughter.  It took me about a month to realize I had seen the Christ child.  And because of the shame I felt in not recognizing Him immediately, I felt sad for many months.  I still think about what I saw because I don't know exactly what it means.  The closest images I have found online to what I saw have been an image of the Infant of Prague and an image of St. Anthony of Padua.  If anyone out there would like to comment, please do so. I would love to hear if you have "seen" anything yourself or if you know anything that could help me with what I saw.  God bless!  ~+
p.s. These images are not exactly what I saw, but the closest I could find. I wish I could paint -  I would paint it myself.  It truly was beautiful.





No comments: