Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Surrendering

These 40 Crosses represent the number
of babies in our county who lose their lives
every day to abortion.  Each cross bears an
epitaph - a memorial given by a parent,
grandparent, or sibling to the baby who
lost its life.  They are on display at our parish
for this Walk for Life 2011.

When you make a commitment to do God's work, and you sign up for Christ's army, you don't exactly get to call all the shots.  As a former teacher, I can tell you, I would love the title of "General".  I'd settle for "Commanding Officer".  It just doesn't work like that.  This is a promise with the Big Kahuna - The Creator - the Maker of Heaven and Earth.  I think He's the General!

Back in September, I agreed to become my parish's Respect Life Coordinator not even knowing what my duties would be.  I felt called, and there was just too much overwhelming evidence to support that calling (which I'll go into in a forthcoming post).  I couldn't deny it anymore.  I couldn't run from what God wanted me to do.  I accepted - actually gleefully - even though I was five months pregnant and I was told that our parish would be hosting a Walk for Life for half the county the end of January.  My due date was February 4th.

Well, since the calling was too strong to ignore, I saddled up and took off.  It is now the eve of the Walk - the eve of the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.  All my t's have been crossed and my i's have been dotted.  I'm thrilled beyond belief that God has carried out His mission through me.  This has been a glorious journey to get to this point - through hills and valleys - always knowing that the outcome would be whatever God wanted it to be.  I was just enlisted.  I was given the tools to carry out this awesome task.  I hope the weather is great, many people show up, and that things run smoothly, but I won't lose sleep over those details tonight.  I always knew I wasn't in charge.  

p.s.  I will post the outcome of our parish's Walk for Life, as well as a picture or two in my next blog.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

Thank you for all you do to Protect the Preborn BABIES!

Katherine said...

I'm so new to all this...still learning. We have to change the hearts of our children - our nation's children - so that each of them understands a baby is a baby is a baby...no matter how small!