Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

He Loves You Anyway


This is by far my favorite song right now...

Have you found that in times of stress, it is easier to sin?  Have you found that in times of stress, you may snap at your spouse, your children, parents, siblings, friends, coworkers, or just simply the cashier at the grocery store?  In times of stress, have you found that you begin to dislike your own life situations and want someone else's?  Have you envied another or been jealous...especially in those times of stress? Have you even lied - maybe just to save your own hide?  In times of stress, have you stolen because you didn't think you could pay for it on your own?  Have you cheated your way through anything?  In times of stress, have you felt so alone or sad or dejected that you actually consciously begin walking backwards away from God's presence...His grace...His everyday miracles...His love?

Stress in our lives can cause us to behave irrationally and counter to God's teachings.  The amazing thing is that God sent His Son to earth to die on the cross for our sins.  God loves all of His creation that much.  If you are feeling the effects from stress, remember that God will never give you a cross that is too heavy for you to carry.  He made our shoulders broad so that we could carry that cross.  If you have found yourself in a particularly sinful state, you might want to speak with a priest.  Christ is waiting for you.  He loves you and is waiting for your repentance.  You are not alone in your sins.  We are all sinners just wading through the murky waters of life.  Let Christ help you.  And know that He loves you anyway.

"I am the thorn in your crown, but you love me anyway.
I am the sweat from your brow, but you love me anyway.
I am the nail in your wrist, but you love me anyway.
I am Judas' kiss, but you love me anyway.

...but you love me anyway. It's like nothing in life that I've ever known."   ~Sidewalk Prophets

No comments: